Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pantry decimation

I started today out with mentally preparing myself to do this by going out to eat with my friend Laura for breakfast. Then I played with my kitties with the hubby. Then went out to eat with my mom and brother to Flat Top Grill. Can you see how prepared I was ;) Then I went to Target and bought 3 new containers to house some stuff. Then it was time to tackle this....


Man, I can NOT believe it was so terrible. Stuff everywhere. Didn't have a system or anything. I did have some help from the kitties who decided everything and I mean everything had to be sniffed. Like they didn't know it was there before. I also got some help from WCIC which was nice to have in the background. I continued until it looked like this...


It hasn't been that clean since we moved in a little under a year ago. I continued. And now the final product! WOOHOO!


Now if you look hard enough you will see I have room for my KitchenAid Mixer and my coffee maker that I only use for making hot water. This is such a great feeling!!! I feel great now that it is done. And I also realize how empty it was...

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Looks great! ~~Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I always find it cute how the kitties have to inspect everything taken out to be organized. (Mine do the same thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my pantry this week too! Looks so nice and tidy. Happy Organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I was at Target today too! I found a wire basket on clearance for $2.48. Check my post and you can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!you might get some more ideas in my blog about kitchen pantry..www.atthedesignerz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Glad to have you playing along with the rest of us on the 52 week's of organizing. Laura's great idea of having us all work together is so motivating!

    ReplyDelete