Saturday, January 22, 2011

Organizing this year!

I was reading Orgjunkie.com the other week and she challenged her readers to do 52 weeks of organizing. Well I thought that would be a great thing! Except I couldn't think of 52 things in this house that I'm allowed to organize. The basement is pretty much full of Grandpa's things and I could organize them, but I can't throw away anything because I'm not allowed. Which is ok, but annoying. SO instead I focus on the upstairs and will work with all that I can. First things first was my spice cabinet. Yes I have a cabinet. I love it :)
Here is the before
What a mess! Ok, so it was mostly organized in the sense that I had most of the spices on the bottom on 2 lazy susans. Which are wonderful in themselves! But everything else. Yikes :) So after about 20 minutes of reading labels and cleaning up I show you the after!

What a great feeling! I have to ground the bread that I have dried into bread crumbs and find a cute container for them. But working on that.

And the bug bit! It was such a great feeling. so I tackled 2 projects in one night. The second was our main bathroom linen closet. It has been one of those where I just throw our towels and other "junk" for the bathroom. Before....



This just took be about 5 minutes of going thru because it was mostly stuff I needed to rearrange. Now I will be honest, I don't like the towels how there are in this after pictures. The towels we own are very big and fluffy which I love, but they don't quite fit in this closet because it is small. But it is ok for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment