Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sausage & Egg Souffle


Sausage and Egg Souffle

This is one of my favorite dad recipes. My dad would make this for us for breakfast. He mostly did it on Saturdays but sometimes we would get it for Christmas which was awesome! This is one recipe that I can eat and drink OJ at the same time and it reminds me of growing up. I love that my dad still makes it sometimes and I can run down to their house and eat some leftovers. It does take some prep time and an overnight in the fridge, but worth every minute of waiting.



Ingredients

1 pound ground sausage
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
6 slices of white bread cubed
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Crumble and brown sausage. Set aside to cool. Mix eggs, milk, salt and dry mustard in large bowl. Fold in bread, sausage and cheese. Pour mixture into 9x13 pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment