Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kittencal's Italian Melt in Your Mouth Meatballs

This post is more of a review of the recipe. I don't have pictures of the meatballs themselves because they are in the previous post as my meatball sub :) LOVE this recipe. You can find it here at Food.com.

I must say I was a little concerned about making them at first only because I never knew what it would take to make homemade meatballs. I found the one that seemed easy and had ingredients that I could pronounce. This fit the cake! The instructions were so easy! I made mine by baking them like a suggestion at the end of the directions instead of simmering them in sauce. Much easier if you ask me. The other changes I made were I used garlic powder instead of minced garlic. I omitted the oregano only because I didn't have any. And I only used 1 teaspoon of the seasoned salt. And I made my own breadcrumbs with my food processor. Needless to say after all that work I am never buying frozen ones again! I will make more of these as they were so easy! I am going to see how some of the leftover ones fair when I freeze them. I'll update when I use them next and we'll see how they taste. So the following is what I used and did, but feel free to use the original recipe.

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons dried parsley

In large bowl combine all ingredients. I used my hands to mix. Shape into small meatballs and place on baking sheet. Cook at 350F for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy!


****UPDATE*****
The frozen ones were just as delicious as the fresh out of the oven! I will be making these come my next freezer food day!

No comments:

Post a Comment