Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ham & Cheese Pasta


Ham & Cheese Pasta
This was something I found in my mom's recipes and thought I'd try it out sometime. I have had it written down for years and finally in Arizona I made it. It actually is pretty yummy. It is got some weird ingredients so I apologize up front. But really it makes a good meal. And in the picture I used ham from the deli I had them slice thick and cubed myself.

Ingredients
8 oz uncooked medium pasta shells
1 lb processed cheese, cubed (Velveeta works best)
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons of ketchup
1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
2 cups fully cooked cubed ham
1 (8oz) package frozen peas

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl combine cheese and milk cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stir, heat 1-2 minutes longer or until smooth, stirring twice. Stir in ketchup and horseradish until blended. Drain pasta and place in large bowl stir in the ham, peas, and cheese sauce, Transfer to 2 quart baking dish cover and bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment