Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bean and Cheese Enchiladas



I was really craving Mexican food the other day and well didn't want to go to our restaurant that we normally go to because I didn't want to spend the money. So instead I made these up. I didn't follow a recipe other than what I thought sounded good. and so here you have it! And feel free to change beans if you would like. I just had the red beans on hand. I'm sure black beans would be awesome just the same.

Bean and Cheese Enchiladas

1 can red beans, drained
1 can RoTel Diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 can enchilada sauce (I think my can was 14 oz or something)
4 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
2 cups Monterey jack cheese, finely shredded
2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
6 tortilla shells, burrito sized

Mix red beans and RoTel diced tomatoes and green chilies in a bowl. Heat for about 20 seconds in the microwave the tortilla shells to make them roll easy. Scoop about 2 heaping tablespoons of the bean and tomato mixture onto the shell and sprinkle about the same amount of Mexican blend cheese. Roll up and place into a 9x13 pan. Continue with remaining tortillas. On top, sprinkle all the remaining Mexican blend cheese and all off the other cheese on top of the shells. Spoon or pour enchilada sauce on top. You may have a little extra beans and tomato mixture and if so, pour that on top too. Don't waste anything! Bake in 350F oven for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment