Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

This recipe was given to me by my mother. It was and still is my most favorite type of cookie. I love making them because they make my house smell wonderful!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients
1 Cup Crisco (or shortening)
1 Cup brown sugar (I use light brown)
1 Cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla (I use imitation)
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups flour (I use all-purpose)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2-3 cups Oatmeal (I use the quick instant ones)
1 bag chocolate chips (doesn't matter size)

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix Crisco, sugars, vanilla and eggs all together in a big bowl. In a separate smaller bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add dry mixture to wet mixture in small batches, stir together. Then fold in oats and chocolate chips. You will want to bake them for 11-13 minutes depending on your oven. Then allow to cool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment